Thursday, November 5, 2009

Beer Examination 52 Beers 52 Weeks

I love beer and have tried hundreds of beer over the years, but never in a massive, well orchestrated approach. I am starting a beer tasting project that will be incredibly fun as well as an interesting learning experience. It will also be a great opportunity to try some beers that I have never tried but wanted to, discover some new beers and brewers and revisit some old favorites and some questionably popular selections as well.

I encourage you to join me on my journey, 52 beers in 52 weeks. I will photograph, review and enjoy one beer a week for an entire year, post my photos and reviews on my blogs and encourage you to try the beers with me and share your opinions about my selections and reviews.


Here are my thoughts on how it could break down, but there are no rules to this tasting, so I will provide lots of information in a well organized fashion but I can not promise any predictable structure to my tasting selections.

I will examine:
1. Domestics/American Pilsners
2. Mexican Beers
3. Brown Beers
4. American Micro Brews
5. Classic Cans
6. Beers from my travels
7. Colorado Beers
8. Beers with Cool Labels
9. Red Beers
10. German Beers

You can likely expect to see roughly 4 beers in each category and possibly a couple of additional categories that are more obscure.

I hope that you join me in my tasting and the discussion about beer and that you find this project both fun and informative.

No comments:

Post a Comment