Sunday, October 18, 2009

Bloody Mary for Breakfast!

As far as I am concerned, one of the marks of a good bartender is their ability to make a great bloody mary.  As a great bartender, I make a great bloody and jump at the chance to make my own when I am drinking them.

This morning I woke up and wanted to have a bloody and wanted it my way.  I headed over to Max Gill and Grill to indulge in their do it yourself Bloody Mary Bar.  I arrived late so the Bloody Bar was a little worked( no photo ), but there was still essential elements present from all the spices, and over 15 hot sauces to fresh fruit and great garnishes.  For me a bloody is booze, lots of flavor, lots of juice, but not lots of tomato juice. It all starts with a pint glass rimmed with lime juice and salt and filled with ice, the recipe follows but make it your way, if you get the chance.  Or stop by Max Gill and Grill weekends for $5 Bloody Mar Bar.  Awesome.  For those of you that are more a mimosa than bloody, come along for the fun with all you can drink mimosas for $10.

Conk's Bloody
Build this Bloody in a lime salted pint glass full of ice
healthy pour of vodka
juice of half of a lime
juice of 1/4 lemon
1/2oz olive juice
1T. bloody mary concentrate
2 oz tomato juice
garnished with pickled green bean or cucumber as well as an olive and a lime.

Celery and lemon are traditional garnishes, but for me, minimum I want an olive and a lime.  If we are going to throw down and get fancy lets talk about grilled asparagus, pickle spears, pepperoncini, a long foodpick with assorted cheeses, shrimp, or my favorite, pickled green beans.

For the home bartender, a bloody is your canvas, have your friends over for a weekend game, use your favorite ingredients and you are sure to impress .

As for the Vodka, we all have our favorites.  For me, Stolichnya and Absolute are my go tos but Three Olives Tomato Flavored Vodka makes a cool choice as well.  If you have a great Bloody Mary vodka infusion at hand, jump at the opportunity.  If you are unfamiliar, look for Infusions as a future topic.  Pour, mix, enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment